privacy & cookies policy
We at BigBox are firmly committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users and this policy will provide you a comprehensive understanding of the data that we collect from you.
Before we begin, let us assure you that we are not in the business of trading in information and we have implemented the latest technology to ensure that your data is stored and/or processed by or through us, our technology partners or our affiliates securely and responsibly.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy is concomitant to our Terms and Conditions, which may be read here. All the definitions provided in our Terms and Conditions are applicable here.
a.What do we collect?
We may collect, store, transmit, process and use the following kinds of data.
- Information about your computer and your use of our Platform, which may be our website at www.bigbox.online or our applications available on PlayStore and Appstore, including, but not limited to, your IP address, user actions, e-mail address, postal address, geographical location, browsing information, such as browser type, referral source, duration of visit and number of page views, any other information that is identified with you personally.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, which may be required under KYC stipulations.
- Information relating to any transactions executed between you and us on or in relation to our platform, including information relating to your purchases/orders.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our services, including email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Messages exchanged on our Platform;
- Any other information that you choose to share with us and in relation to the transactions made by the user.
b. How do we use yourpersonal data?
The collected data will be used for the purposes or to meet the ends, including, but not limited to, the following.
- Administer and maintain the platform.
- Provide and improve your browsing experience by offering personalized experience and recommendations.
- Pick-up or deliver your purchase/order through our platform.
- Send statements and invoices to you, and/or collect payments from you.
- Disseminate general, commercial and non-commercial communications and email notifications.
- Send newsletter and other marketing or promotional communications (relating to our business and our third-party affiliates and partners), which we believe may be of interest or benefit to you by post or email.
- Collate and provide statistical information about our Platform and our users, but such information will not contain any data that could be identified or traced to any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to your conduct or use of our Platform.
- We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
c. Other disclosures
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In the course of any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, prove, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
To ensure that our Platform works properly, we deploy small files called “cookies” on your devices. Let us assure you that this is common practise among almost all web-related services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but we understand and believe that it is your right to accept all, any or disable our cookies. You may go to your browser setting to change your choice any time. However, please note that allowing cookies provides for an improved and personalized experience and you might be prevented from taking full advantage of our Platform if you choose to not accept them and even prevent our Platform from operating properly.
Cookies allow us to remember you based on the network or device you use to interact with our Platform and help customize various features and services made available to you. Cookies also help us to monitor our visitors and users and provide us a constant feedback loop to improve our Platforms and improve your experience with and on our Platform.
Our cookies primarily perform the following functions:
- Functionality: Some of the cookies are essential to your use of our Platform as it shapes your entire experience. This includes easy access to your content, reminder to the content that you liked, your preferences and account settings etc.
- Promotion and advertisement: Coupled with our unique algorithm, we can provide you with relevant and personalised suggestions and advertisements based on your search history, preference and other information that you have provided with us. We may also share this information with third-party agencies and networks, in which case you would be able to see third-party advertisements on our Platform and our advertisements while using other websites and applications.
Before we conclude, please remember that we are a for-profit business. Take extra precaution to ensure that you do not share sensitive data with us. All the information that you share with us will be treated as non-sensitive.
We request you to review our Privacy & Cookies Policy and Terms and Conditions from time to time to ensure your rights and liabilities while accessing or using our Platform.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Privacy & Cookies Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.